Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Situation with friend and her husband?

Recently I went out with a close girlfriend who's husband is starting up a business. I believe he will do well eventually, but in the meantime my friend, her husband and their 2 year old have moved in with her mother as neither have any income. It has been like this for 3 years now. My friend tells me every time I talk to her how hard her life is. She really gets angry at her mother and husband and really wants him to go and get an interim job until the business is more profitable. I do agree with her and we discussed this over the dinner. He won't get a job because there is nothing that he really wants to do. He has also borrowed from another friend for the business capital and is also in debt elsewhere. My friend has health problems from the stress. I ended up saying too much about the situation, but it was all said in their own interests. Her husband is nearly 50 and I said he needed to grow up and take responsibility for her and his son. As soon as I said it I knew it was too much. She went home and told him and also that I bitched about him all night and put her in a bad mood. Basically I felt like I had taken the fall for her. She said he never listens to what she says and I can't help but feel she used me to make him take notice. She said they nearly broke up after that night. I apologised for anything I said and spoke to him and sorted it, but I have not spoken to her yet. What should I do? What should I say?

No comments:

Post a Comment