Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do/Did you feel this way about your high school?

Hey there, I was wondering if it was just me who felt this way about my high school. Do you feel like the classes that graduated 3-5 years ago were so much better than the ones that are already there/coming up? I live in the south in a suburb of our capital city (not a great one) and a lot of the kids from that city come to our school because it's one of the best public schools in the state, which I have no problem with but a lot of the kids just totally lack respect for the teachers or any of the programs at the school, also I have noticed a lot of the girls coming up are a lot more skanky (I didn't know how to put that nicely..) But like they are in 7th grade and wear a full face of makeup to school and have already lost their virginity. When I was in 7th grade I wrote pretend books with my friend and climbed trees.. And it's like every girl I speak to has something nasty to say about another girl who *I thought* was their friend? Our test scores are going down and a lot of our really good teachers are quitting and I can't help but feel down about it.. I understand that school is a place to socialize but there's a time for that and there's a time when you need to shut up and learn. Because it's school. Anyone else feelin' me on this? Sorry, I needed to vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment